Thursday 15 February 2018

Two Hearts

Hi there everyone. I have made two cards tonight utilising the same die but creating completely different cards. Thanks to the new challenge that Darnell has started called the 'Twofer Card Challenge', I was able to think outside the box. Congratulations to Darnell and her Design Team :)

You will have to excuse my photography as it is 9pm but I couldn't wait to take my pics.



For my first card, I used the die to create an embossed image. I stamped my lion and sentiment using my MISTI.

For the second card, I used the die and die cut as intended. The die comes out in two parts - the stitched edge and the full heart. I die cut twice using glitter paper and white cardstock. I wanted to stamp my sentiment within the heart then pop it up for dimension.


These cards were simple to create and took no time at all!

Stamps:

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges -

Both cards - duh, lol


Card #1

Crafty Animals- Anything Goes
Kitty Bee Designs - Safari Animals
Cardz for Guyz - Something beginning with 'L'



Card #2


(my hobby is designing stamp sets)

Simon Says Stamp - Add a Die Cut


Thanks for popping in, I hope to see you again soon :)

13 comments:

  1. Kylie, these are CASimply lovely cards. That's an awesome encouragement card - I can just 'see' it giving that little added boost to someone who needs it. And what a sweet birthday card! LOVE the glittery heart surrounding the sentiment. Two wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute birthday cards! Thanks for joining us at Always Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kylie, these designs are amazing. I love the embossed heart and I am itching for my Lion set to arrive! And what a fab take on our challenge. Adore the 'smile' font and the dimension on this card looks great....and we all love a bit of glitter. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the CAS look of each of these unique 2fer cards. The embossed design of the heart frames this impressive lion image fantastically. Also love the more traditional use of the layered red & white, with the bold smile sentiment. Great cards! TFS & Hugs (hope all has been well with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable cards! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such impact, Kylie ... on both of them! Bold, crisp stamping within the impressed heart on the first, a touch of bold, shimmery colour amid the graphic style of the second ... and both deliciously CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... and at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and a great take on this Twofer challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the shoutout and for playing at Twofer Card Challenge #2, Kylie! Your cards may be quick to make and simple designs, but they both deliver a huge punch with that big heart used two ways and the great sediment! I love them both!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB makes, popped across from Darnell's TWOFERS to admire your "heart"work!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both so fabulous Kylie!! I absolutely LOVE that lion image, it has so much detail and looks so good as the star of the first card. And your second card is so perfectly CAS, its stunning. So happy to see you at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great twofer Kylie, that lion needs no further adornment it's stunning.
    Not managed to have a play with mine yet but it is staring at me from my craft table!
    So pleased you joined us at Cardz4Guyz too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your lion card, so dramatic with a wonderful and perfect sentiment. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.